WHOLE FOODS, PLANT-BASED RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
The best part of being on a whole foods, plant-based diet is the food! Of course you can enjoy marvelous restaurants, but if you prepare food at home you will enjoy easy benefits.
- You will know exactly what it in everything you are eating – because you made it yourself
- Better control of portion size
- You can cook healthfully, with little or no added salt, oil, or sugar
- The aroma or food while it’s cooking is just an wonderful as eating it is
- Have fun discovering new recipes and developing kitchen skills
- The leftovers are perfect for lunch or dinner the next day
- Organic foods are seldom available in restaurants
- You save money with home cooking
- Even taking account of the time needed to cook, you may save time because the need to drive to a restaurant, find parking, and wait for food is eliminated. Okay, you think, isn’t this why the fast food drive through was invented? Case closed – is this the fuel you want to put in the only body you are going to get this lifetime?
Cooking at home can be simple and easy – here are some tips for making cooking fun. You don’t need to stress over elaborate meals.
You’ll want to experiment with a variety of recipes, so try the ideas below from friendly recipe masters. Feel free to make each recipe your own by substituting seasonings or other ingredients or varying cooking times. All the recipes at the following links are compatible with the wonderful nutrition information in the films PlantPure Nation and Forks Over Knives.
Kim Campbell”s recipes – Two Super Recipes from The PlantPure Nation Cookbook
Tracy Childs’ recipes – Three and a Half Satisfying Whole Foods, Plant-Based Recipes
David Gabbe’s recipes – Whole Foods, Plant-Based Recipes to Delight, from David’s Vegan Home Cooking ( includes a recipe for a fabulous, healthy chocolate smoothie)
Todd Rosenthal’s recipes – Whole Foods, Plant-Based Recipe Favorites from his Home Run Diet
Recipes from Zel Allen’s fabulous Vegan for the Holidays – enjoy during the holiday season and all winter long –
Recipes and Tips from The Perfect Formula Diet Blog
Enjoy some green sandwiches. This is the easiest whole foods, plant-based recipe there is. Not to mention healthy and tasty. The idea is that greens are the stars of the show and you want to savor their taste, not hide it.
Want something sweeter? You can easily make fruit salad that everyone will love. Perfect for
get-togethers from picnics to parties.
Is it cold and flu season? Enjoy this must-have recipe for a cold-fighting soup that is filling and delicious.
Steamed potatoes are another simple, satisfying, versatile food, allowing you to branch out and incorporate them into your meals in many ways.
If you are lucky enough to be reading this during cranberry season, here’s an easy recipe for the best cranberry sauce.
A whole foods, plant-based diet invites you to eat whenever you are hungry. No need to be famished while you wait for the clock to strike noon. Try these ideas for not-recipes for not-meals.
Black-eyed peas and greens are lucky at New Years, not to mention year-round. Anything both this healthy and tasty has to bring renewed luck.
Have fun and relax as you cook. Put on some music and enjoy your kitchen.