JANICE BUILT THIS BOOK ON BOTH SCIENCE AND EXPERIENCE
The Perfect Formula Diet has its roots in a normal-weight teen who thought she was chubby and gross. Her love-hate relationship with food intensified over the years, culminating in binge eating and mounting obesity.
As an adult, although highly educated and working in the health industry, this mom could not control her weight or her health. She struggled constantly with food cravings, headaches, chronic pain and sinus infections, depression, yo-yo weight, and oppressive fatigue.
Inspired by her daughters, who were launching into adolescence with strong wills and their own eating path, she looked at what science had to say about food. Pure science, that is, without the media hype and profit-driven special interests.
Dr. Janice Stanger – once that food- and weight-obsessed teen – analyzed over 1,000 scientific studies to formulate this eating plan.
Janice’s education and experience are the perfect foundations for putting together an effective 21st century diet. Here are some of her accomplishments.
- Ph.D. in Human Development and Aging from University of California, San Francisco – one of the country’s leading health sciences campuses
- Certified in Plant-Based Nutrition through the T. Colin Campbell Foundation and eCornell University
- M.B.A from University of California, Berkeley
- Author of the survey report Vegan From the Inside, the first-of-its kind survey of the experience of being on a plant-based diet
- Skillfully prepared to analyze scientific methods and conclusions
- Trained to understand both behavior and biology, but without any vested interest in the medical industry status quo
- Led innovative health insurance, alternative medicine, and wellness projects for large and mid-size employers
- Observed one health insurance industry gimmick after another, including managed care, fail to control costs and keep people healthy
- Taught college courses in health care issues and costs
- Worked with health care professionals in many work-related capacities
- Teamed with other volunteers in her community to preserve local ecosystems, essential to sustainable food production
- Nutrition specialist for San Diego Veg Week in 2010 and 2011
- Advisory Board member for Lean and Green Kids
- Determined to keep pushing forward until she found a solution to the weight and health dilemmas devastating her life and so many others
- Spent 17 years critically analyzing scientific findings until perfecting the formula she wants to share with you now