The Perfect Formula Diet and Why It Works
Your body operates according to biological laws you can’t simply wish away. All the food plates and pyramids, diet books, and media outlets in the world cannot change the fact that you are meant to thrive on a whole foods, plant-based diet. Good nutrition is simple, just the way nature meant it to be.
Every trip to the supermarket or restaurant gives you three choices. You can select animal foods, manufactured foods, or Perfect Foods.
- Animal foods are the muscles, organs, reproductive materials, and secretions of animals
- Manufactured foods are factory products made by processing or genetically modifying plants. Some manufactured foods skip the plants altogether and are simply chemicals
- Perfect foods are whole plant foods in their natural form or else cooked and combined in someones kitchen
The Perfect Formula Diet gives you a specific method to combine six kinds of whole foods to assure you are never hungry and are getting perfectly packaged nutrition. The four pillars of this eating plan are:
- Beans and/or potatoes (combined in any proportion)
- Whole grains
You eat one quarter of your food (by volume) from each of these four groups. How much to eat? It’s simple – your body will tell you.
Hunger is your signal to eat and guide to amount. Eat when you are moderately hungry and stop when you are full. If you eat slowly, your body can do an optimal job in letting you know when to move on to doing something besides eating.
Fixed meal times are a manmade, not a natural, idea. Unless you really want to, don’t worry about the clock when deciding to eat. Instead, focus on “not-meals” for success. Not-meals are whole foods choices, in any amount, you consume when you are hungry.
The other two kinds of whole foods are:
- Nuts and seeds
- Herbs and spices
Nuts are nutritious but pack lots of calories into every mouthful. So stick to one or two handfuls of nuts and/or seeds four to six days a week.
Herbs and spices are dense with beneficial plant nutrients. Eat flavorful foods. Sample all the many excellent seasonings that make your food sing and give your home a delightful aroma. No need to go for hot and spicy unless you want to. When you eat flavorful foods, you won’t need nearly as much salt for good taste, so you can cut way down on your sodium.
For omega-3 fatty acids, sprinkle two tablespoons of ground flax seed a day on your food. This should cost you only pennies a day. The only supplements you should need, unless your doctor has diagnosed a specific deficiency disease, are Vitamin B12 (made naturally by bacteria) and Vitamin D (made by skin in sunlight).
Why is this whole foods diet so effective in boosting health and promoting permanent, hunger-free weight loss? Based on over 1,000 scientific studies, the most important biological processes are:
- Replacing chronic inflammation with inflammatory balance
- Lowering excessive levels of IGF-1, a growth factor that promotes cancer and speeds aging
- Getting rid of the foods that are the primary sources of dangerous advanced glycation end products, heterocyclic amines, and persistent organic pollutants
- Supplying plenty of anti-oxidants to counter free radicals
- Normalizing hormone levels, especially by cutting out all the estrogen in dairy products
- Clearing up the 70,000 mile traffic jam clogging your blood vessels
- Mixing high and low calorie foods for appetite satisfaction without a ballooning waistline
- Perfectly packaging nutrition, which greatly reduces food cravings
And yes, you do get plenty of protein. The optimal amount, not the toxic amount that many diets recommend.
Are you ready to reclaim your health? Are you ready to liberate yourself from diets that leave you sick, famished, frustrated, and fat? Stop stressing about food and start enjoying nature’s finest offerings the next time you are hungry.
While this change may seem daunting at first, it gets easier the longer you eat this way. Soon, you will be rejoicing in your health and weight. You will not want to eat any other way. You’d be giving up too much. A whole foods, plant-based diet will revitalize your life.
If you want to learn more about whole foods, plant-based diets, check out the post Plants Are Nutrient Factories. You may also want read this post on the ten reasons that fish is neither healthy nor desirable – including the fact that fish is full of worm larvae.
Intrigued? Now you can use our Whole Foods Blog Finder to target informative, fun postings on plant-based nutrition. Quick information at no cost!
Blog by Janice Stanger, Ph.D. Janice authored The Perfect Formula Diet: How to Lose Weight and Get Healthy Now With Six Kinds of Whole Foods, a nutrition book built on sustainable, delicious food choices. Feast on a whole foods, plant-based diet while reversing chronic illness and flowing to your Perfect Weight. Try these easy whole foods, plant-based recipes.